How to Install & Run Multiple Firefox Versions in Windows Simultaneously

cja 491 android

http://misterharder.com/jolinejolink literary analysis essay of the yellow wallpaper

5 paragraph essay outline

1. Creating a "profile" for each browser version
  2. Adding a parameter to the shortcut target

soc 262 To open Profile Manager, type cmd+r in Windows to open up the Run prompt and type this in:

argumentative essay in 3rd person

http://zumwinkle.com/?pyk=mmpbl-590&8da=be mmpbl 590

http://misterharder.com/2014/?p=2338 bar exam essay subjects

hrm 531 week 3 team assignment

how to write a short essay for scholarships Right-click your shortcut icon, click Properties, and modify the "Target" value like so:

http://www.improfiel.be/?t=5-paragraph-essay-on-spiderman&530=98 5 paragraph essay on spiderman

http://ivrxny.com/?j=comp-230-week-1-quiz&608=0f comp 230 week 1 quiz

http://wlacgallery.org/?kisd=bus-308-week-4-quiz bus 308 week 4 quiz

1. Mohammad Reza Deldadeh says:
  2. Mohammad Reza Deldadeh says:
  3. Chris says:

Thank You for this tip. You could add one more thing – Disable autoupdate option on FF4+ versions ASAP :)
    After a few minutes, I ended with FF36 and 3 folders with FF6 :)

4. paulozinha says:

thanks for the tutorial ;)

5. Seb says:

It’s not necessary to use the -no-remote parameter.
    This parameter is for running the same Firefox version multiple times with different profiles.

If you are running different Firefox versions you do not need -no-remote
    This has the added advantage that you can then start new windows by launching the shortcut again (with -no-remote you will get an error message if you try to do this).

• Brad says:

So then, we don’t need to modify the shortcut/target at all, nor use the profile manager, if each version of FF is installed in its own folder? ie. We install FF 3.5 in its own folder with the installed shortcut on the desktop. Then we install FF 4 in its own folder with the installed shortcut on the desktop. Launching each of these shortcuts would run its respective version of FF simultaneously?

• Rolf says:

No, the default install will have a start menu shortcut http://wlacgallery.org/?kisd=cmgt-410-project-controls cmgt 410 project controls without the -P profile parameter. Extensions that only work with a certain Firefox version will mess up the install. Typically they will be de-activated if the (default) profile is used with the newer version … and stay de-activated also with the old version.
        You need an installation folder and a profile folder for each version.

• This is incorrect. Without the -no-remote parameter, only the latest version you have installed will open regardless of the shortcut you click.

6. Adam says:

thanks!
    it works perfect!

7. Jong SP says:

The instructions are clear. Actually, I’ve successfully created 2 profiles and successfully launch it with my existing Firefox3.

However, when I tried to install the latest version of Firefox (Firefox Setup 8.0.1), it does not proceed with no error message. Would you know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

8. Pingback: How to Install & Run Multiple Firefox Versions in Windows Simultaneously | Galih Prastowo Aji

9. Tushar says:

i want to run firefox 9.01 and firefox 3.6 but not possible by this method i tried,.

10. Shen says:

Nice tips. I want to test chickenfoot in firefox3.6 and using firefox 9 for protovis. This works perfectly. Thanks!

11. chika.tambun says:

it works..

my team developing php project so this tweak will enhance the team work

btw how to export history or especially saved password to another version mozilla…
    is it possible?

12. Roni Thomas says:

Thanks… works….

13. bharath says:

thanks .. its working

14. Skye_Wyven says:

I’m currently running FF17 (at least, that’s what it tells me) and I just tried doing this so I can install and run an older version of FF. However, when I type the command to open the profile manager I get a message saying the path is invalid. I’ve tried looking for the file manually but I can’t seem to find it. Can you offer any suggestions?

BTW I’m not a developer or programmer, this is for other reasons. Thank you!

• @Skye_Wyven I’ll have to update my FF version and check. I honestly haven’t checked this in a while however I do have 3.6, 9, and 12 running at the same time just fine.

• Scott says:

@Skye_Wyven – It worked fine for me on Win7 using FF17.0.1.
      Make sure the command line path is correct for YOUR install location. For example, on my machine I have FF17 installed in it’s own folder, so my command looks like this:

“C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox17\\firefox” -profilemanager -no-remote

Good luck! -Scott

15. Don says:

WHOOT!!! Thanks for your advice.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to run “stable” Firefox, “beta” Firefox, and Aurora for some time for a few years. I had given up until I started developing two web sites. I want to ensure that the sites work with every possible browser. This is great!